Case Study 1 – Software – US Software Company entering the Japanese market
Our team provided the following services
- Evaluated the various options for market entry, (such as JV, distributor, license partner, direct entry).
- Discussed options and made agreement with client to enter directly and open local Japan office.
- Worked with client to make 3 year business plan for market entry.
- Incorporated the company in Japan, set up a KK, appointed Japanese accountant, legal advisor and payroll company.
- Sourced office space and opened office in Japan.
- Recruited 12 Japanese staff in year 1, trained the team, set up management structure and motivation plan.
- Supported local operation to build business and find over 400 Japanese customers.
- Developed relationships with key business partners in the market.
- Identified and succession planned a team member to become head of local operation in year 3.
- Managed entire operation as in market country manager for first 3 years
- Office opened, company incorporated and local team appointed within 3 months
- 400 Japanese customers in first year of operation
- Break even in second year
- Profitable business in Japan from year 2 onwards
Contact us to find out how we can help your business in Japan
Copyright © 2009-2016 - Business Link Japan - All rights reserved.